Homework provides students with opportunities to consolidate their classroom learning, pattern behaviour for lifelong learning beyond the classroom and involve family members in their learning. The setting of homework takes into account the need for the students to have a balanced lifestyle. This includes sufficient time for family, recreational and cultural pursuits.
Homework that enhances student learning:
- is purposeful and relevant to students' needs
- is appropriate to the phase of learning (Early or Middle)
- is appropriate to the capability of the student
- develops the student's independence as a learner
- is varied, challenging and clearly related to the class work
- allows for student commitment to recreational, family and cultural activities.