Department of Education, Trading as Education Queensland International(EQI) CRICOS Provider Number 00608A
Ashmore State School has been accredited as an Education Queensland International School, this ensures quality control in education standards and safety for our students.
Our school opened in 1978 and since then has grown steadily. We have approximately 800 learners presently enrolled.
Ashmore State School is an exciting, innovative educational establishment that caters for children (4 years to 12 years) who live in the Northern Gold Coast Region. Our students study the Australian Curriculum in English, Mathematics, History and Science and The Queensland Curriculum in The Arts, LOTE, Health and PE and Technology. We ensure students' studies within the classroom embody Indigenous and International perspectives.
At Ashmore State School, certain features of the school have earned it a fine reputation.
- A personalised, precise and aspirational curriculum that caters for each learner’s individual needs. Personalised Improvement Plans (PIPS) are collaboratively developed by students in consultation with teachers.
- A priority focus on essential skills in literacy and numeracy which are closely monitored throughout the years of schooling. The school's Link It! Program enriches student outcomes in a targeted and individualised manner.
- A structured information and communication technology program that addresses each learner’s individual level of development in ICTs.
- The ICT program offers opportunities to utilise the multimedia centre for film and sound production.
- A consistent whole school approach to assist learners in choosing responsible behaviour and embracing the Ashmore Values of Acceptance, Self-Discipline, Honesty, Manners, Opportunity, Respect and Excellence.
- Sport – through an inclusive approach we ensure all learners have access to this important aspect of the curriculum.
- An Arts program which includes music, choir and dance.
- A quality Accelerated Program that identifies and caters for students learning styles and needs.
We invite you to discover Ashmore State School’s unique characteristics as shown on our website and to contact us or Education Queensland International should you require further information.
Thank you for your interest in our school
If you would like more information please contact EQI
EQI Email Address: EQInternational@qed.qld.gov.au
Above you will find information you need to know about EQI's Policies and Procedures
Ashmore State School was recognized with a state award from EQI.
For more information about the Gold Coast:
Gold Coast City Council
Destination Gold Coast